Humanitarian Access Advisor
Open to other suitable IRC locations.
Humanitarian crises are becoming longer and more complex, stretching humanitarian actors’ abilities to provide assistance and protection. In collaboration with Stichting Vluchteling (Netherlands Refugee Foundation), the IRC has established Project Frontline to provide operational assistance and strengthen learning on humanitarian access. Within the Humanitarian Action section of the Emergencies and Humanitarian Action Unit, the project team provides hands-on strategy, planning and technical support to country programs, emergency teams and other partners and ensures the collection, development and dissemination of knowledge and learning more broadly. This role will partner with teams and colleagues to develop and deliver strategies to reach people in need, deploying regularly, and with a particular focus on crises in West Africa.
• Facilitate and support the analysis, development and delivery of strategies and plans to advance humanitarian access in close collaboration with Project Frontline partners and colleagues
• Advise and support access partners on key subject areas such as humanitarian principles, humanitarian negotiation, humanitarian-military relations and engagement with armed groups
• Support capacity development through training and/or coaching for key colleagues
• Develop partnerships and networks to support humanitarian access goals
• Support the development and uptake of global guidance and tools for humanitarian access
• Share learning with colleagues and partners, and contribute to a community of practice and culture of learning and reflection
• Maintain currency with methods, approaches and professional developments in humanitarian access and related topics