Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the supervision of The Medical Officer, the Laboratory technician will ensure laboratory services of all sites, are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards.
- Carry out phlebotomy
- Keep accurate records of tests
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce uncompromised results
- Participate in development and implementation of laboratory standard of procedures (SOPs)
- Participate in Report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the clinic site
- Receive, collect, transport, process and analyze lab experiments
- Carry out quality control of lab reagents and equipments
- Assist in drawing-up lab plans andbudgets
- Mentor the laboratory assistant, and any other trainees
- Attend monthly Lab meetings and any other meetings that may arise
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and ensure adherence
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organisation.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on
Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline for receiving applications is January 18th,2021