IRC BACKGROUND: |
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the supervision of The Medical Officer, the orthopaedics officer shall be responsible for orthopaedics patient consultations and management; providing pre and post-operative care and tendering technical advice for complicated orthopaedics cases with up to date management approach.
H/She shall provide mentorship to the general staffs inclusive medical clinical officers and nurses on necessary case management.
- S/He shall participate in orthopaedics patient consultations and management.
- S/He shall attend to emergency cases while on duty
- S/He shall provide pre and post-operative care for patients.
- S/He shall tender technical advice and specifications for prosthesis when required.
- S/He shall identify patients with complications and recommend them for high level referral.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
- Ensure that Medicines, medical supplies and other commodities stocks are monitored.