INEE Consultant - Help Desk
Multiple locations (Multiple locations)
Background of the Project:
As the leading network for practitioners and standards, INEE plays an important and unique technical role in the sector. In order to enhance its technical capacity services to members, the Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is establishing an online help desk, which will receive, track progress of, analyse, and respond to member queries and technical support requests.INEE is recruiting a consultant to help establish and pilot this new INEE Help Desk.
This work will help INEE to provide the right tools, capacity development and advice for education in emergencies (EiE) practitioners to effectively respond to the critical technical challenges they face in delivering quality, safe and relevant education for all in emergencies and crisis contexts.
The consultant will work closely with all members of the INEE Secretariat and will report to the Capacity Building Coordinator. The consultant will be contracted by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) on behalf of INEE and will work roughly 15 days per month, from ASAP through September 2021
Who we are:
The Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is an open global network of more than 17,500 members who work together within a humanitarian and development to ensure all persons the right to quality and safe education in emergencies and post-crisis recovery. The network improves communication and coordination among its members by cultivating and facilitating collaborative relationships and creating opportunities and space for sharing knowledge, developing resources, informing policy, building capacity, and undertaking joint advocacy. Find out more at inee.org.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will assist the INEE Secretariat to establish and pilot a new INEE Help Desk. Tasks and deliverables include:
- Establish appropriate online help desk platform and dashboard for INEE
- Define and limit scope of INEE’s technical support capacity and compile directory of experts and referrals
- Work with Capacity Building Coordinator, Language Community Facilitators and Technical Support Specialists to develop SOPs for responding to help desk queries
- Consult with Global Education Cluster and Child Protection help desks to agree SOPs on referrals and other options for collaboration
- Develop communications and FAQs to launch help desk and inform members about its function
- Monitor and troubleshoot help desk problems in pilot phase
- Analyse data from initial help desk queries (profiles of users as well as topics) and propose outreach and response strategies
- Propose development of initial webinars, resources to respond to trending queries
- Establish system to share data and findings with Secretariat and network spaces to enhance understanding/response to member needs
- System and SOPs for receiving, managing, tracking, and responding to help desk queries is established
- INEE help desk prepared for launch
- System in place to ensure all help desk queries receive timely, high quality response
- System in place to ensure helpdesk data is analysed and used to support wider INEE activities