Psychiatric Clinical Officer - Surge
Bidibidi - Yumbe District
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the supervision of The Medical Officer, the psychiatric clinical officer shall be responsible for provision of mental health care, counselling and active case management. H/she will provide facility and community-based mental health interventions in IRC’s areas of jurisdiction. Assess patients' mental status, develop treatment plans and provide up to date patient care including making referrals to the appropriate services points.
- Diagnose, treat and provide evidence- based management of patients with mentalillness.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, coordinating, monitoringand evaluating psychiatricactivities.
- Refer complicated cases to appropriate level ofcare.
- Ensure maximum protection of mental patients, relatives andstaff involved in patient management.
- Participate in integrated community outreaches providing equitable services to cases in the community including assessment of their psychosocial support.
- Identify mental health related gaps and advice programing to deliver client centered interventions.
- Develop capacity of other clinical staffs to implement MHGAP through CPDs and onsite mentorship.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
- Ensure that Medicines, medical supplies and other commodities stocks are monitored.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Medical officer
Position directly supervises: Psychiatric Nurse.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.Deadline for receiving applications is February 9th,2021