Associate Director, International Board Philanthropy
New York City (United States of America)
The External Relations (ER) department is comprised of four complementary functions: Private fundraising, Mobilization & Marketing, Policy & Advocacy and Operations & Analytics. To enable IRC to deliver our Strategy100 commitments, the ER department established a bold new approach that enhances our ability to raise diverse and flexible funding aligned with IRC’s top priorities, while raising our profile and influence. The ER team is international, with colleagues in more than 10 offices globally.
The International Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) team falls under ER and is comprised of global colleagues, delivering account management, philanthropy, board liaison, corporate as well as trust and foundation partnerships to support IRC’s national fundraising strategies.
The Associate Director, International Board Philanthropy, is a new role and will report to the Senior Director of International Philanthropy under Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) within External Relations (ER).
The IRC relies heavily not only on income from fundraising, but also on the expertise and influence of senior volunteers, and we want your help with both! We are looking for a top-tier fundraising professional with experience building and cultivating international development boards with a fundraising focus. The successful candidate must have a rolodex of global connections and a passion for IRC's mission. The Associate Director will be tasked with creating and augmenting volunteer boards in various regional markets and countries with the purpose of mobilizing fundraising. We want someone to take the lead in raising resources over the next 5 years and expanding our network of influence and access globally.
• Utilize existing networks of contact to approach for board inclusion for the purpose of raising funds in non-US IRC target markets across Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa;
• Meet and exceed a seven figure unrestricted target for International HNWI fundraising;
• Develop an international development board strategy and coordinate closely with the Global team on a shared overarching global development board strategy;
• Work closely with the office of the COO to ensure practices and policies are in alignment with the global business strategy;
• Conduct board member prospecting and relationship mapping research to develop and implement strategic donor cultivation plans;
• Collaborate with leadership to manage all high-level communications and external relations with development board members;
• Work with the Global Philanthropy and Partnerships Services team to develop compelling board funding and engagement propositions;
• Monitor activities of development board members and recognize members' achievements.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director of International Philanthropy under Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) within External Relations (ER)
Position directly supervises: International Board Philanthropy Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
• Vice President, IPP
• Senior Director, Global Corporate Partnerships;
• Senior Director, Global Foundations
• Senior Director, Global Leads Business Development
• Existing International Board and Board of Advisor members
• Director, Global Board Strategy and Engagement and the Global Board Engagement Team