Social Media for Programs Specialist
New York City (United States of America)
TheViolencePreventionandResponseUnit(VPRU)iscomprisedof approximately50teammemberssupporting programming, resource development, research and policy and advocacy for over 20+ countries. The VPRU is formed by threeteamsthatcametogetherunderoneumbrella tobetterserveourbeneficiaries.ThesearetheChildProtection(CP),Protection&RuleofLaw (PRoL) and Women’s ProtectionandEmpowerment(WPE)teams.Withanaudacious vision ofaworldwherewomenandgirls,childrenandothervulnerablepopulations arevaluedandlivefreefrom violence,and can exercisetheirrightstopromote theirown safety,equalityand voice,theIRCisknown foritscutting edge anti-violence programming in humanitarian settings.
IRC is seeking a Social Media for Programs Specialist to be based in NY or DC. This position will have varied responsibilities, working on several different projects. They will be responsible for developing and implementing ways to use social media for programs, including social and behavior change communication messaging; providing quality technical support for these implementations; providing support to an cross-sectoral working group on ICT4P; and supporting on other uses of technology for programs in the Violence Prevention and Response unit.
One of the primary functions of the Specialist will be working with specialized technical staff, stakeholders in country programs, regions and across IRC operational and delivery areas, and other actors to further dissect how to use social media and digital technology safely for programming, to develop a strategy for social media and digital engagement, to co-design and test ways in which we can safely use social media to amplify IRC program impact, and to explore the development of further project phases targeting improved understanding and actions to prevent online/offline cycles of violence.
The Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Advisor for Information Management and Technology in the Violence Prevention and Response Unit. The Specialist will work closely with a Social Media for Programs Advisor as well.
• Map teams engaged in partnership efforts with a social media platform and collect best practices for engagement (including KIIs with social media platform providers)
• Work in collaboration on the development of a fit-for-purpose digital and social media engagement methodology that would support IRC to systematically understand and identify digital protection risks and gaps in access, translate analytics, and create a basis for advancing effective program design that could safely harness the power of social media
• Identify opportunities, develop models, and support our various programming units to adapt and operationalize social media engagement strategies for scale
• Develop a Digital and Social Media Engagement Strategy to enable safe and high impact deployment of digital and social media tools
• Teach teams how to build, engage and retain an audience (on social media and other information platforms)
• Maintain knowledge of, and ensure staff is trained on social media (and other) information sharing tools
• Co-design and explore social media push strategies
• Test co-designed approaches for increased programmatic deployment of social media
• Develop project-specific tools / resources / curricula and provide technical support to programs following implementation
• Provide technical support for field testing (tool development, assessment, training, troubleshooting)
• Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Information Technology departments to ensure smooth implementation
• Collaborate closely with other technical units departments such as health, economic recovery, and development and education to collaborate, track and develop collaborative guidance on the use of technology in programs
• Share cross-context learning with program staff
• Participate in/coordinate cross-sectoral working groups