Logistician (M/F) - Ethiopia
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM FR is about to open a programme in Eastern Oromia and Somali regions (Ethiopia). The intervention strategy aims to contribute to the reduction of morbidity and mortality by strengthening access to and use of quality maternal and child health and reproductive health services as well as reinforcing the emergency preparedness, paying special attention to the specific needs of the internally displaced population, in close collaboration with the health authorities and complementing the work of partners who already work in health in the woreda.
The activities will be implemented by a multi-sectoral consortium (health, protection and WASH) composed of three international non-governmental organizations (MdM-FR, MdM-Germany and COOPI). The consortium will support 5 health centers (HC) as well as 21 health posts (HP) in the catchment areas of the health centers supported by the action. For populations (internally displaced persons and host communities) with difficulties in accessing functional health facilities, mobile clinics will be deployed offering a minimum package of activities, with a special focus on mother and child health.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You work under the supervision of the field coordinator and you manage 1 logistic manager, 1 logistics officer, the drivers and the guards. You also work closely with the logistics coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are:
Base identification and renovation (guesthouse/office, pharmacy)
• Locate and rent appropriate accommodation, office space, warehousing and pharmacy space
• Supervise the renovation of the base, ensuring the living spaces, working spaces and storage spaces are suitable
• Procure all needed equipment and furniture
• Implement security upgrades
• Recruit and supervise the team of guards, including scheduling, in line with MdM HR policies
Development of the logistics department
• Conduct the recruitment process of the logistics team
• Train the logistics team and the other departments on MdM logistics and procurement tools and procedures
• Set up the archives mechanism and rules for all logistics paperwork
• Put in place logistics coordination meeting, organize the work and priorities of your team
• Carry out the needs assessment
• Develop the procurement plan for the program
• Launch the needed procurements (goods, services, equipment) to start the activities as well as the daily functioning of the base, and ensure these procurement files conform with MdM rules and procedures
• Create price lists and supplier files for the area of operations
• Update the purchase follow-up tools
Vehicle fleet management
• Develop and negotiate vehicle rental contracts
• Supervise and train the team of drivers, including scheduling, in line with MdM HR policies
• Establish vehicle movement schedules
• Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
• Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
• Support the field coordinator in all aspects of security management at field level
• Prepare the security pack, including risk analysis, security rules, and contingency plan
• Train the entire field team on the security pack, organize simulations and exercises and develop a strong culture about security
• Verify the good adherence of the team to security rules and alert the field coordinator if needed
• Liaise with other organisations (logistics counterpart) in order to collect and share information
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 4 months
Starting date: 15/04/2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 574 euros
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:**
At least 2 years of professional experience in logistics at similar position and previous experience with an INGO
Experience working in a hardship location is a plus
Experience dealing with suppliers and following procurement procedures
Experience of working in Ethiopia is preferred
Excellent organisational skills
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Able to prioritize and anticipate, be reactive and flexible
Good communication skills
Good team spirit
Able to work and live in specific security context
Languages: English (spoken and written) mandatory
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JEElzRcD?idpartenaire=128