Re-Advertised - EMERGENCY FOOD SECURITY, VULNERABLE LIVELIHOODS (EFSVL) & CASH COORDINATOR
AT OXFAM, WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY.
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Emergency food security, vulnerable liveLihoods (efsvl) & Cash coordinator
Closing date: 16th May 2021
Interview date: On Rolling basis until the position is filled
Vacancy reference: INT7280 – EFSVL & CASH Coordinator
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Location: Erbil (with travel to the field)
Our package: As per Oxfam Salary Scale
Internal Grade: C1 Global
Contract type: International
Hours of work: Please amend if required. 40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage
This role reports to: Deputy Country Director
Staff reporting to this post: EFSVL & Cash Operations Coordinator (Direct), EFSVL Team Leader and Project Coordinator (Matrix Reporting)
Annual budget for the post: N/A
Key relationships/interactions: Sector Coordinators, Program/Project Coordinators, Program Managers
Oxfam’s EFSVL and Cash department is mandated working for poor and vulnerable population affected by conflicts or natural hazards by developing, designing, and implementation of cash, food security, livelihoods and economic recovery programs to support the population for sustainable and resilient options that enable them for their dignified living.
To ensure implementation of response activities and contribute to economic and livelihoods recovery of the population affected by the crisis in Iraq.
To provide technical and strategic support to the EFSVL & Cash programme and advisory support to overall Emergency Food Security and Livelihoods (EFSVL) and Cash programming, across the whole of Iraq (Regular Programming and Emergencies).
Programme Quality: Programme Development/Design, Proposal, Reporting
Responsible for regular review of the EFSVL and Cash strategy to adapt to major changes in needs and context.
Work with country team and Oxfam’s regional and HQ in development and refinement of EFSVL & EJ strategy for Iraq country program.
Conduct technical review of the new program opportunities provide recommendations in terms of their relevance to Oxfam’s Iraq program with detailed review of risks, value addition, existing capacities and other strategic links.
Provide technical input in response to funding opportunities in concept notes and proposals including, detailed activity description, logic framework, TOC and MEAL plans.
Explore and pilot/scale-up innovative EFSVL & EJ programming models through regular researches, in-depth studies and case studies/learnings from other similar programs.
Ensure new projects’ objectives are in line with the change goals of Oxfam Country Strategy and highlight variation to management.
Oversee the quality and the timeliness for implementing the EFSVL & Cash strategy for the regular country programme and emergency responses.
Review and advise on tools and approaches for tracking of the implementation for all EFSVL activities to ensure that possible problems affecting the quality of programmes are flagged and resolved in due time.
Provide technical support on developing new assessments and MEAL tools (including Market Assessments) to be used by the team to ensure that relevant information is being collected to inform strategy and implementation, to ensure accountability and learning as well as quality donor reporting.
Support the technical teams in designing the vulnerability targeting criteria and dissemination to communities, and local authorities.
Feed into/edit operational/progress internal and donor reporting.
Support the implementation of Real-Time, Midterm and Final Evaluations of EFSVL and Cash projects.
Ensure that “lessons learned” from the emergency/recovery interventions in Iraq is used to influence future policies and programme planning.
Support to Programme Strategies and Management
Ensure timely strategic support to teams on the field in developing appropriate program, providing input, support and advice in relation EFSVL program development elements including area level strategy development, preparation of the concept notes, and project proposal.
Conduct regular contextual analysis of macro and micro economic situation in country and inform country management on the recent development and necessary adjustment in programs.
Review and advise on harmonisation of tools across technical teams where appropriate, costing/budget support, and risk mitigation.
Support programme managers to unpack projects results into detailed activities and implementation plans.
Provide temporary cover (gap-filling) for technical vacancies in the field when needed.
Supervise consultants as required and provide feedback on the work accomplished.
Support with recruitment of EFSVL and Cash key staff as required.
Review program monitoring and evaluation results and provide recommendation with technical support to Programme Managers in alignment of program and provide necessary back-stopping and or distance management as required.
Performance management of staff reporting to this position, according to the Oxfam standards and procedures.
Capacity Building of Staff and Partners
Design and deliver induction and training material for new EFSVL and Cash staff
Lead the development of country capacity building plan in the areas of EFSVL & Cash, and ensure relevant support is identified and provided to the team.
In close coordination with the Partnership Manager and Programme Managers, support in identifying capacity building needs and opportunities for Oxfam and implementing partners’ staff.
Provide regular coaching to Oxfam’s EFSVL & Cash teams and partners in the field.
External Representation, Coordination and Influencing
Ensure Oxfam representation in the technical working groups and sector clusters.
Meeting with donors and partners as required.
Lead the coordination with Oxfam’s HQ and regional advisors for potential support and sharing of learning.
Influence donors and other actors to improve the quality of the response and early recovery, recovery interventions across the country.
Play a leading role in the cluster system including the EFSVL Clusters and Cash Working Group and support delivery of its work as required; Share Oxfam learning and best practices with clusters, Government bodies and key stakeholders.
· Qualification in Humanitarian, Development, Economics or Sociology or any related field. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
· Previous working experience with international/non-profit organizations
· Minimum 5 years in similar positions/experience (programme support, field-experience) including a variety of livelihoods and cash modalities, i.e., cash for work, vouchers and large scale cash distributions.
· Experience in conducting assessments and supporting analysis of results, emergency market mapping, value chain analysis, and other relevant market assessment tools.
· Experience with feasibility and risk assessments for Cash and Livelihoods programming.
· Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relations with multicultural and diverse teams, including working with partner organisations.
· Experience of capacity building field staff (with or without line management responsibility), including the ability to effectively advice and support field staff using methods such as mentoring, coaching, shadowing, demonstration, accompaniment, training, written advice, verbal advice, research and development.
· Strong communication and documentation skills including the ability to document case studies, write guidelines, and develop and communicate standard operating procedures relevant to each context and operating environment.
· Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Ability to travel in country to support field teams.
· Experience and commitment to promote equity, gender and diversity.
· Attention to detail and critical analysis.
· Strong English Language skills.
· Accountability – Able to set clear goals and monitor personal progress against them.
· Empowerment – Capable of having open, honest and respectful dialogue with others, respecting and including partnerships and communities’ perspectives into our working activities.
· Equality – Work to high ethical standards and treat all people with respect.
· Inclusiveness – Embrace diversity and able to enrich work activities with diverse perspectives.
· Sustainability – Committed to achieving sustainable results in all aspects of their work.
Kindly note that the selection process will be on a rolling basis. Due to the urgency of the position, Oxfam has reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this job, please visit the job advert using below link:
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply