UX + Digital Designer
New York City (United States of America)
Marketing & Mobilization (M&M), a part of External Relations (ER) is a dynamic team, tasked with overseeing and executing communications and marketing, building the IRC’s global profile and brand, increasing private revenue from deeper donor engagement and partnerships, and influencing our target audiences. In alignment with our Strategy100 commitments, M&M has launched ambitious multi-year campaigns that raise funding, profile and influence and will improve our share of voice and resonance in key geographies and globally.
The Content and Creative team, a part of M&M, consists of award-winning creative specialists and idea partners, developing powerful communications and experiences to really engage audiences and ultimately to deliver on ER ambitions and objectives. Using creative mediums such as visual design, video, stunts, events, and storytelling, they tap into the expertise and talents of colleagues across the organization
The UX + Digital Designer will be charged with designing dynamic interactive experiences that inspire, inform and deeply engage our audiences to become supporters, donors and advocates. This person will work closely within the content and creative team (design, multi-media, story-telling and messaging) as well as collaborate across departments for on-brand cohesive experiences. This role will encourage and enforce design consistency across digital products, endorse best practices for UX, and be a critical part of contributing to our pattern library. Employing excellent communication skills, this role has a strong design aesthetic, ability to work swiftly and can easily transition from one project type to another.
• Partner with the Associate Director to produce exceptional design solutions that address a range of user and business needs and transform them into functional, responsive, compelling, and on-brand user experiences.
• Handle projects with a range of technical complexity: from responsive design/UX to motion graphics to producing striking and compelling designs for marketing and brand campaigns.
• Assist in managing freelance creative talent and developers (or agencies) to execute design support
• Support and translate results from user-testing research and data collection as needed (site heat maps, site metrics via Google Analytics, surveys, etc.)
• Create and maintain visual and brand styleguides (including assets and templates)
• Stay on top of latest trends in experience design, web development and social media. Provide recommendations regularly.
• Contribute design patterns to the pattern library (front end skills a +)
• Handle photo-editing and retouching of images as it pertains to layouts and multi-media features.
• Work with agile project teams able to juggle multiple parts of a project while staying focused on deliverables and audience/business priorities. Know your way around project management tools and communicate with senior stakeholders.
• Support our digital channel partners with website page layout design and recommendations for site experiences on campaigns.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Associate Director of Visual Design and UX
Position directly supervises:N/A
Internal stakeholders: Collaborates closely with the Content and Creative Team, digital platform teams, as well as within the External Relations group.
External: May work with external design freelancers, developers and agencies.
Impact of work: Supports efforts to raise awareness for our brand and programs and to deliver fundraising revenue in support of IRC’s mission.