IRC’s work in Mexico supports migrant populations throughout the country - those in transit and those who see Mexico as a destination. Current program areas include cultural orientation, a range of protection activities, and support for livelihoods.
The IRC seeks an experienced Field Coordinator with significant programs and operational experience to manage IRC’s field office, staff, and operations in Tapachula. The Field Coordinator will supervise staff, manage the office premises, negotiate access with local authorities, represent IRC locally, and contribute to program design and implementation. The Field Coordinator will report to the Country Director and be based in the IRC’s Tapachula field office with occasional travel to Mexico City.
- Promote coordination and teamwork between program and operations staff in the field office to improve effectiveness, efficiency, quality of operations and support proposal submissions and program delivery.
- In coordination with the Safety, Security, and Access Manager, ensure that security protocols are followed, guaranteeing the consistent monitoring and analysis of the security environment, and adherence by all staff to IRC security protocols and procedures.
- As part of the extended country Senior Management Team, ensure the development, implementation, and monitoring of financial and operational policy and procedures to ensure compliance with IRC and donor policies across all programs.
- Ensure all transactions and systems in the field office comply with country-specific policies and IRC Global HR, Finance, and Supply Chain guidelines.
Program Development & Technical Quality
- Member of the extended Senior Management Team and key contributor to the development of country strategic direction and planning.
- In coordination with the Country Director/Deputy Director of Programs lead on area-specific strategy development, program planning, and responses to funding opportunities.
- Provide leadership to all programs and support departments operating from the field office per best practice and IRC policy.
- Ensure all programs operating from the field office are implemented on time, following the highest standards of quality, and are following the terms and conditions of the grant.
- Anticipate, plan and manage programmatic and structural transitions associated with the gradual expansion of the field office.
- Responsibility for budget development and compliance for field office programmatic and support costs.
- Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of work plans and quality of technical activities.
- Participate in monthly Grant Review Meetings
Human Resources Management & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to perform in their positions successfully.
- Ensure adherence to the performance management cycle and processes, including timely feedback and coaching for staff
- Set clear expectations for staff, including performance and learning objectives
- Adhere to and act per the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to and serve as a champion of the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders, representing IRC positions, promoting long-term strategy, and resolving problems/conflicts.
- Lead coordination between IRC logistics, finance, program, and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures, including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings.