Spice Kitchen Program Coordinator
Salt Lake City (United States of America)
The position coordinates service delivery and IRC SLC bundled services for all program participants in the Spice Kitchen Incubator Program. The position is responsible for program operations including recruiting and supervising volunteers; coordinating, refining and reporting on training and technical assistance activities for participants; and community engagement including program outreach and key local partnerships. The Program Coordinator will be directly involved in the Spice Kitchen Incubator’s program strategy with participants as well as organizationally. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Spice Kitchen Program Manager and orchestrates work with the Spice Kitchen team and stakeholders to deliver technical assistance as a part of participants’ general business development.
This position coordinate program service delivery including application processes, interviews, orientations, pre-incubation, incubation and graduation services by assisting participants to develop clear and intentional business plans in the pre-incubation phase and acquiring the skills and resources needed to grow their businesses once in incubation resulting in graduation within five years.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Liaise community outreach and participant recruitment
• Coordinate interviews with potential participants and orientation for accepted participants
• Coordinate workshops and technical assistance with program participants at all phases to achieve business development goals, including developing business plans as well as business growth and scale-up for participants
• Assist participants in obtaining permits, licenses, and insurance as necessary
• Provide hands-on support in the commercial kitchen to support participants to prepare and package products for market opportunities
• Coordinate bundle service delivery with other IRC SLC programs including financial capability services and products, English as a Second Language classes, digital literacy, immigration, and health and dental services
• Manage participant flow and program capacity to ensure active participant receive quality services and access to resources to grow their businesses
• Revise SPICE curriculum for pre-incubation and incubation as needed to ensure up-to-date programming
• Cultivate and manage resource partnership relations including sitting on the IRC Microenterprise Committee, networking with local Chambers of commerce for market access, networking, and expertise and collaborating with local SBDCS, SBA offices or the Women’s Business Center. Partnerships also include collaborating with other technical assistance providers and managing contacts at local university programs like SLCC and the University of Utah.
• Support Market Access Research projects within the Spice team to assess Pre-packaged/Ecommerce pricing strategies and market permeability and source vendors.
• Oversee accurate monthly billing to clients and timely payment.
• Assist with data collection for participant outcomes and contribute to reporting efforts as needed.
• Support development efforts including fundraising and public relations as needed
• Supervise Small Business Specialist, Americorps service members and interns
• Other duties as assigned