Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the overall direction of and reporting to the Head of Engineering Support Unit, responsibilities will include:
- Assist in daily routine administrative issues, such as, but not limited to: drafting memoranda, faxes, letters etc, making copies, following up on the progress of document submission and approval status, maintaining filing system and conducting archiving for all units of Engineering Section;
- Ensure all Engineering records, recruitment files, staffing tables and Organigrams are up-to-date;
- Prepare and process relevant documents for recruitments and extensions of contracts for international, national and UN Volunteers; assist with the succession planning of retiring/checking out staff members;
- Prepare regular and updated recruitment status for international, national and UN Volunteers and assisting/recommending on recruitment processes and procedures to Hiring Managers;
- Schedule and coordinate interview related activities for staff such as UN Volunteers and national staff; assisting with documenting UN Volunteers/National Staff recruitment interviews as and when required;
- Assist and advise newly arrived staff on pertinent administrative tasks prior to deployment such as accommodation requests, requests for equipment such as radio and computer, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies (GITT) forms to accomplish, etc.;
- Monitor, prepare, review and submit Monthly Attendance records to Time and Attendance Unit;
- Prepare written responses to queries concerning Engineering and Human Resources related matters such as contract extensions, entitlements like home leave/family visits/ Education Grants, e-PAS, etc.;
- Assist in distribution of outgoing/incoming correspondences to various units of Engineering Section/concerned section and conducting follow through activities;
- Prepare supply/GITTS equipment requests, follow up on orders and deliveries;
- Assist and advise headquarters or field based Administrative/Team Assistants within Engineering section regarding human resource/administrative related duties;
- Manage, coordinate and advise staff on internal and external training requirements of Engineering section in coordination with the Integrated Mission Training Centre (IMTC)/training institutions such as fax confirmations, flight plans, travel requests, visa, other pertinent travel documents; preparing administrative and other training requirements for the regularly conducted Engineering conference or similar activities;
- Plan or organise meetings, conferences, VTCs and events for the section and preparing notes, minutes or reports as appropriate.
- Perform additional related tasks as and when required by the Chief Engineer or Deputy Chief Engineer relevant to the assignment.
Business Administration, Sociology, Management, Economics, Finance or other related field of study from an accredited and internationally or nationally recognized university.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, management, human resources or related fields;
- Experience in a multi-national organisational environment is desirable;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to prioritise tasks, and handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion;
- Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive a manual 4x4 vehicle.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Solid computer skills, MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;
- Must have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Sound security awareness.
Accountability, Communication, Professionalism, Working in Teams, IntegrityApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 08 March 2021