Support to Governance and member Liaison
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Governing Bodies Servicing (CSG) division is responsible for providing liaison between the Organization and its membership on Governing Body matters, as well as on conference and protocol services. The Division's mandate includes maintaining relations with Members, provide information, correspondence and logistical services in support of governance functions.
Candidates endorsed in the selection process for this vacancy announcement will be considered for the Governing Bodies Servicing Consultants’ Roster for a period of two years. The Roster is used to fill other similar positions at the same or lower grade, and in the same or another duty station.
The consultant will report to the Chief, Member Communication and Liaison (CSGC), under the overall guidance of the Director, CSG.
Support to the work of the Member Communication and Liaison unit, focusing on continuous liaison between FAO, its Governing Bodies, its Members and Rome-based agencies, maintaining correspondence and dedicated web-based platforms for Members and support the development of information functions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support ongoing liaison between FAO and Members, in particular, Rome-based Permanent Representations, and liaison with the Rome-based agencies;
- Contribute to the design, development and updating of CSG-related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures, specifically CSG’s websites;
- Support the development of innovative liaison and outreach mechanisms in support of the governance activities of Members
- Provide support for official correspondence of the Organization, addressed to governments and international organizations;
- Support Permanent Representatives on Governing Bodies matters, including supporting the management of the FAO Members Gateway and the Rome-based Agency calendar;
- Collect and analyze information for presentation to Members in support of governance activities;
- Participate in CSG teams, and/or collaborate with other departments on ad hoc assignments;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Law or another field relevant to the work of the Organization
- At least two years of relevant experience in international relations, providing support to national or international bodies, national or international secretariats
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for Consultants).
- For PSAs, working knowledge of only one UN language is required.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in conference management and Member liaison activities in an intergovernmental environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop information products
- Demonstrated drafting and editing skills appropriate for the diplomatic and multilingual context of the Division’s work
- Knowledge and understanding of governance processes in FAO, and relations with member representatives is considered an asset
- Understanding of the functioning of UN agencies and the UN system is considered a strong asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency