Evidence-Based Program Design VISTA
Wichita (United States of America)
The IRC a leading providers of high quality programming for refugees resettling to the United States. Throughout the United States, IRC helps to create opportunities for refugees to survive and thrive in America through a network of resettlement offices and three offices privately administering statewide or regional refugee programs. The Kansas Office of Refugees (KSOR) was established in July 2016, to administer the Kansas Refugee Program, including statewide coordination, outreach and refugee-focused funding opportunities.
The Kansas Office for Refugee (KSOR) administers statewide Employability Services and Refugee Cash Assistance programming through sub-award partnerships in Wichita, Kansas City, and Southwest Kansas. As part of the KSOR team, the Evidence-Based Program Design VISTA assigned to these programs will support the systematic evaluation and redesign of these critical KSOR grant program to ensure evidence-based and data-driven programming. They will play a key role in strengthening these programs across the state through program design and innovation, partnership-building, and monitoring and evaluation.
Reports to the KSOR Program Manager; will work closely with other KSOR staff as needed.
- Establish and expand partnerships with stakeholders across the state, including: employers, English language training providers, public benefits offices, and workforce development programs. Leverage partnerships to enhance assigned area of programming.
- Analyze program and client data to identify areas for program improvement. Design tools and strategies to meet program and sub-award partner needs.
- Build a repository of resources related to employment and economic integration of refugees to share with sub-award partners and other stakeholders.
- Research program implementation of similar programs in other states to inform design process.
- Create graphs, charts, and other digital content to showcase outcomes of the assigned program area
- Assist with program development by identifying needed revisions to assigned program policy & procedure Manuals and other program management materials.
- Assist with rollout of new and revised materials to partner staff.
- Research funding opportunities and support the writing, editing, and submission of proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMERICORPS VISTA BENEFITS:
- Biweekly Stipend of $513.94
- Healthcare Benefits
- End of Service award- Choice of Cash Stipend or Education Award
- Relocation allowance, if eligible.
- Childcare assistance, if eligible.
- More information found on Americorps VISTA website