Community Outreach Assistant - Part Time (Dari and Pashto Speaking)
The community outreach
assistant will play a key role in ensuring vulnerable refugees and immigrants
served by the IRC in New Jersey have the information, tools and understanding
to be healthy and effectively navigate local systems, benefits, and resources.
The community outreach assistant supports IRC’s COVID-19 education and
programing efforts. They will provide outreach, education, and health promotion
services. This position is temporary from March through September 2021.
- Conduct outreach to local refugee populations using identified community health education materials
- Facilitate in-language remote and in person health education programming related to COVID-19 safety and other relevant health education needs, in individual formats.
- Participate in a Community Health Worker training program, 144 hour training from March to July 2021, offered through the NJ Department of Health.
- Review, edit and provide material feedback on produced content and other materials relating to IRC’s COVID-19 education and outreach efforts.
- Support dissemination and tracking of COVID education materials for targeted communities.
- Facilitate activities designed to gather data about COVID-19 knowledge, attitudes, and practices, particularly related to vaccine hesitancy and acceptance in different populations and how they change over time with messaging.
- Help recruit participants and facilitate focus groups, key informants, surveys, etc.
- Help develop and deliver innovative ideas for engaging community members (i.e., Facebook Live events, WhatsApp groups, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.