OFICIAL DE MONITOREO Y EVALUACIÓN / MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER TAPACHULA
Job Description – IRC Mexico Country Program
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home. In Mexico the IRC program teams support the well-being of populations all along the migration corridor.
Based in Tapachula, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation, and analysis of data to track project activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Protection Coordinator
Position supervises: no one, but must work collaboratively across teams and departments
• Track project progress against indicators.
• Update and implement project M&E plan.
• Ensure monitoring and evaluation events (e.g., surveys, evaluation, data audits) are conducted.
• Manage regular data verification exercises, assuring completeness, correctness, and consistency; follow up on any data quality issues.
• Provide data to support reflective discussions for project improvements.
• Perform regular site visits
Information management and reporting
• Establish and maintain project information management system.
• Regularly submit project data for project monitoring and reporting requirements.
• Review and assure quality of data reported to donors.
• Analyse data to identify lessons learned through project implementation.
• Ensure projects have client responsiveness mechanisms that include regular information sharing.
• Support staff and partners on proper data collection, storage and reporting
• Guide staff and partners on how to use data in daily practice decisions.
• Orient new project staff on their monitoring roles
Project design and learning
Contribute to the Strategy Action Plan with relevant information.
Participate in project design, utilizing lessons-learned in developing new/revised data frameworks.
Ensure projects use monitoring tools that capture both activities and and higher level indicators.
Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations, and surveys.
Organize periodic data review, reflective practice, evaluation and progress monitoring events that involve communities and local partners.
Coordination and networking
• Ensure effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
• Represent IRC at working group and coordination meetings as requested.
• Participate in internal strategic planning.
• Perform additional relevant duties as assigned.
• Serve as an exemplar of the IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.