ICT in Education Curriculum Specialist
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Development of the learning management platform and deployment of a learning management system:
- Collaborate with the LMS Administrator and MESC curriculum division in populating the LMS system for Samoa using e.g. Moodle with content
- Undertake a need assessment inquiry to support development of content and training that are demand responsive.
- Identify knowledge gaps of staff in the effective implementation of the learning management system and support capacity development through appropriate training programmess.
- Provide technical support in maintaining content within the learning management system by creating and uploading modules and courses, granting access and role-based user permissions, updating course content, and running reports.
- Develop and publish course templates for reuse by educators in designing courses for online and blended learning delivery.
- Support subject matter experts in the design and creating of learning materials and maintenance processes.
- Periodically Monitor the quality of courses hosted on the learning management system with time-bound reviews/audit of course status, and coordination to eliminate duplication, conflicting or redundant content.
- Create and Manage community/discussion forum/ social media feed system within the learning management system including functionality, appearance, tabs, and settings.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, provide feedback on usage, defects, and suggest enhancements.
- Seek and promote collaborative partnerships to meet training needs and opportunities for the professional development of teachers and in MESC and education sector.
- Analyze data and recommend solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance of users.
- Create and update resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for online and professional development.
- Work with subject matter experts, provide design support in developing online course materials to facilitate learning.
- Publish and archive online or blended learning solutions.
- Assigns training curricula for professional development of educators
- Work with the Information Technology and Curriculum department of MESC to develop relevant learning outcomes and corresponding modes of delivery
- Analyze reporting data and recommend strategic direction for MESC and education sector, or others, as appropriate.
- Create and manage the overall course structure and sets up courses based on specifications from the curriculum staff.
- Manage tracking of course revisions and history.
- Build online assessments and evaluations in the learning management system for courses.
- Work with the curriculum staff to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the learning management system and course content, in particular for persons with disabilities.
Training of trainers for teachers, key personnel nominated by education sector and the librarians:
- Together with the LMS Administrator, conduct basic training in using digital technologies for education for 100 students with disabilities
- Conduct capacity development training for trainers of teachers, teachers, and MESC curriculum division staff, NUS nominated staff and others from the education sector on the preparation and delivery of online content and e-assessment of learners.
- Conduct training of trainers in designing and delivering online courses using Moodle LMS
- Together with the LMS Administrator, support training of 100 teachers from 20 schools to use assistive technologies for ensuring inclusion of the students with disabilities.
- Advanced degree (a Masters’ or a PhD) in instructional design, educational design, ICT in education technologies, education pedagogies, or other related fields.
- Over five years’ work experience in instruction design/ LMS:
- ICT for education with practical experience in online learning using the Moodle LMS
- Learning design and/or curriculum development.
- Teaching or Training Background beneficial and passion for learning
Skills and competencies:
- Good knowledge of multiple web design technologies, such as HTML, Web 2.0
- Previous experience in learning management system administration.
- Good knowledge of online teaching and learning, products and systems requirement.
- Good knowledge of the LMS and technical competence to curate contents for LMS
- Ability to develop instructional guidebooks and training manuals
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and able to exchange information on complex issues;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in multicultural environment with external and internal partners;
- Excellent organization and planning skills, including the ability to organize own work priorities and deadlines. Discretion and maturity of judgement are required;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Communication and Information Sector and Education Sector.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 25 March 2021