Community Liaison Officer
South Sudan (South Sudan)
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||- Bachelor's Degree in in a relevant discipline.
- Prior experience working in country is critical & strong knowledge of local customs, dialect, traditions is essential.
- Experience working with national & international organizations that are contributing to the development of local community is desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in communication & liaison, interpreting / translation related fields required.
- Prior experience with UN agency is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Africa.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of languages spoken locally are essential.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision & direction.
- Capable of working with others in a participatory & capacity building manner.
- Ability to establish & maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, govt. officials, community representatives & contractors.
- Self motivated, versatile, adaptable to different cultures & people.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize work schedules.
- Strong community liaison, mobilization & negotiation skills required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment.
- Strong communications skills & ability to work with a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Good negotiation skills & the ability to bring consensus among people.
- Effective report & writing skills essential.