Supply Chain Volunteer
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Volunteer will be responsible for ensuring that supplier files are maintained and updated. The Supply Chain Volunteer will assist the Supply Chain Officer(s) in various areas to ensure that the store is well maintained and the issuing and receiving of items is done as per policy while ensuring security/safety of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Focal person to receive all mail and distribute it to the intended recipients as well all documentation from the field offices that requires approval from Kampala.
- Assist the SC Officer Warehouse & Stores to ensure that stores documentation is updated in a timely manner upon receipt and issuance of items.
- Maintain and update procurement supplier files by ensuring filing is done correctly as per SC Records Management SOP.
- Assist the Supply Chain Officer with processing payments, recording the payments in the payments book, and ensuring the payments are submitted to finance.
- Assist the SC team with printing documents, scanning, and filing as and when the need arises.
- Assist the SCO-Warehouse to ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Work with the SCO Warehouse to manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC Kampala warehouse.
- Assist the SCO Warehouse to implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
- Assist with stock take and stock counts.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the store(s).
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Work with Urban and field teams to process payments for the vehicle hire service providers.