Logistics Intern - Summer 2021
Silver Spring (United States of America)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. Domestically, our 26 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Logistics Specialist prepares for the arrival of new refugees by assuring safe, sanitary, and furnished housing is secured for each new arrival.
- Furnish new homes for refugee clients and transport donations as needed.
- Process electronic and physical entry of client data and expenses.
- Track and value donation distribution.
- Research new housing partners and sources of donations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Intern will learn how housing is secured and prepared for newly arriving refugees.
- Intern will acquire knowledge of programs and public benefits available for refugees during their resettlement period.
- Intern will gain experience managing physical and electronic filing systems.
- Intern will learn reporting requirements for resettlement agencies and how capturing this data improves services.
- Intern will gain US office experience in a diverse environment.