Client Benefits Assistant
Atlanta (United States of America)
The Client Benefits Assistant supports the best possible resettlement and post-resettlement experience by supporting clients in accessing state public and government benefits and carrying out related activities. They provide services with a strong emphasis on empowerment through a strengths-based approach that supports clients to thrive in their community. This is a full-time, limited term position.
- Provide a wide variety of direct client services through a trauma-informed framework that safeguards and promotes the dignity and self-determination of clients.
- Connect clients with IRC and partner resources with a focus on clear and timely communication.
- Work across teams (Resettlement, Extended Case Management, Adult Education, Employment) to communicate client information, advocate on their behalf, and support the coordination of services.
- Prepare client applications for Department of Family and Child Services (DFCS), Social Security Insurance and disability (SSI/SSDI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and other related benefits and support follow up activities.
- Assist families with obtaining Childcare and Parents Services (CAPS).
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community organizations for client referrals as needed.
- Satisfy recordkeeping requirements.
Other duties as assigned.