Data Product Developer -Data Excellence (BI)
New York City (United States of America)
International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian
crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict
and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than
40 countries and in 26 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water,
shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced
people. Technology and Operations supports the organization’s work by providing
reliable and scalable solutions for the IRC’s offices around the world,
including many technologically challenging locations.
Data Insights, Systems, and Architecture is responsible for the design and delivery of data and technology solutions at the IRC. We set the standard for high-impact results by establishing and cultivating relationships across the organization, driving continuous improvement, and delivering value through the implementation of high-quality, strategic data and technology programs.
Our Data Excellence team is responsible for creating strategic solutions that involve global data reporting, data dashboards, and data routines where data is used for decision-making at all levels in the organization.
We are looking for a Data Product Developer to create and manage data collection and data visualization products and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you want to make a difference in our organization and the world, we want to talk with you.
If you want to make a difference in our organization and the world, we want to talk with you.
• Document business requirements and summarize meeting discussions
• Translate business needs to technical specifications
• Design, build and deploy data dashboards
• Maintain and support data dashboards
• Conduct testing, quality assurance, and troubleshooting on databases, data pipelines, and data dashboards
• Collaborate with software development teams to integrate application database systems and troubleshoot issues
• Develop and execute database queries/views and conduct analyses
• Create visualizations and in Power BI reports for requested projects
• Develop and update technical documentation, help text, and user guides