Rwanda (Rwanda) | Kenya
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are nothing without the thousands of staff who devote themselves to making smallholder farmers in Africa more prosperous. Culture doesn't happen accidentally: we must intentionally nourish the potential of our team. One Acre Fund aspires to be an organization in which every staff member has a daily felt sense of belonging, the ability to grow their career, and the opportunity to work with a diverse team. The DEI Lead will report to our Director of People Operations and lead plans designed to work toward this aspiration.
- Oversee our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy
- One Acre Fund is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. You will be the primary focal point for these activities and ensure progress against shared goals.
- Oversee all DEI efforts at the global and country level. This includes organization-wide priorities and supporting country teams and holding them accountable to progress.
- Manage 1-2 organization-wide DEI projects at any given time. Examples include: strengthening internal anti-discrimination policies and reporting channels; leading global team diversification efforts; or improving our promotions processes to support the equitable growth of our team.
- Chair our internal 14-member DEI Council.
- Work with our internal communications team to build awareness of our DEI efforts and motivate action.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of work experience in DEI, organizational culture/design, talent management, or internal communications, including 3+ years of experience in one of our countries of operation
- Passion for shaping organizational culture, staff engagement, and change management
- Experience managing large projects in diverse organizations
- Ability to persuade stakeholders at all different levels of the organization to take action in support of our DEI strategy
- Hunger for self-improvement and upward growth
- Bachelor's degree
- Language: Fluent English required, other East African languages (e.g. Swahili, Kinyarwanda) beneficial
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
8 June 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Once a month, you'll receive a roundup of our latest news and job opportunities.
Help us personalize your experience by telling us a little about yourself.