||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Under the overall direct supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Programme Manager and senior MHPSS assistant and overall supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission, the successful candidates will be responsible and accountable for the direct implementation of the IOM MHPSS activities under “Protecting Vulnerable Migrants and Stabilizing Communities in Libya” project among other related tasks in Libya
- Conduct regular visits to detention centers (DCs) and urban locations in order to assess the needs of migrants, IDPs and host communities.
- Conduct focus group discussions (FGD), and other community level assessment with Protection and DTM colleagues.
- Support services mapping exercises with Protection and DTM colleagues in order to identify other units, stakeholders, migrant community mobilizers and leaders and working to address the need of migrants in the relevant urban locations, DCs and needs of IDPs and hosting communities.
- Provide psychosocial support to the members of the migrant community living in the designated DCs, and IDPs and host communities. Assess perceptions of COVID-19 among beneficiaries, design appropriate key message, design suitable ways to share information, disseminating information to migrants through leaflets, media, social media, informal networks.
- Provide remote psychosocial support when needed.
- Make necessary referral to other units, programs and departments within Client and to other stakeholders.
- Liaise closely and coordinate with the health and protection, MRRM teams working in the area. This includes planning of the weekly visits, meetings, workshops trainings and so on.
- Undertake all administrative and office related to ensuring the successful implementation of tasks and the project activities.
- When required, develop purchase Request Forms (PRFs), get necessary approval and liaise with other unit/programs/departments within IOM to ensure that all travel and venue booking is completed in time.
- Develop all necessary paper-work and get necessary approval liaising with other unit/programs/departments within Client to ensure that all arrangements for trainings to conducted in Tunis and Libya are being completed on time.
- Report any challenges and potentials hiccups in the process to the senior MHPSS assistant & Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Support the programme manager in identifying capacity building opportunities in Libya for Civil Society Organizations and Government counterparts, support developing training materials and contribute to the delivery of trainings if required (translation or leading sessions).
Attend training sessions and document all process for processing approvals, authorizations maintaining up to date copies of all documents.
- Work on creating a system for proper documentation.
- Provide the programme manager with timely and accurate information of delivered activities and in compliance with Client reporting formats and timeframes.
- Liaise with other Client units in particular Protection in addition to VHR, Health and Technical Cooperation, Community Stabilisation and MRRM to guarantee a holistic approach to responses, management of identified cases and referral when necessary.
- Liaise with Client partners, especially Civil Society Organizations and Government counterparts to ensure interventions are delivered in line with international guidelines and standards and Client policies.
- Travel to any location as requested by the direct supervisor when/where necessary.
- Attend meetings – both programmatic and Technical on regular basis.
- Liaise closely with the MH professional so to better follow up on cases.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports documents all activities and services provided.
- Undertake any other duty as may be assigned by the senior MHPSS assistant and PM
Under the overall direct supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Programme Manager and senior MHPSS assistant and overall supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission
||a) Effectively applies knowledge of mental health and psychosocial issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level;
b) maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
c) Skilled at developing culturally relevant psychotherapeutic interventions
d) Demonstrated expertise and thorough knowledge on the practical application of the IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergency Settings;
e) knowledgeable on the psychosocial impact of forced displacement.
Bachelor's degree in graduate studies in social work, psychology, sociology or any other relevant fields such as Human Sciences, Public Health, etc..
Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable MHPSS experience and relevant Migration experience and/or minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant MHPSS & Healthcare experience.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required, French is desirable