Supply Chain Assistant
Reporting to Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all inventory management functions for IRC’s Kampala Urban Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, implement and maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Train urban staff as required.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC Kampala urban office.
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of potential inventory shortages.
- Ensure the maintenance of fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
Goods Reception and Transport
- Assist in receiving all supplies.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing the air transportation of goods in accordance with IRC procedures.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
- Prioritize air road transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
Stores and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.