||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Our client is undertaking a three-year project that aims to improve basic living conditions for returnees in the liberated rural areas of Al-Anbar governorate through the rehabilitation of up to 1,000 housing units and restoration of decentralized services. The decentralized services component will entail the provision of solar street lighting, the rehabilitation of selected community roads, and of water and sanitation networks and/or stations. When feasible, the rehabilitated housing units will be connected to the restored decentralized services taking into consideration the whole neighborhood. The rehabilitation of housing and basic services will be guided by a needs-based approach.
Under the overall guidance of the Project Manager the direct supervision of the Lead Civil Engineer, the Civil Engineer is required to perform the following specific duties and responsibilities ensuring their effectiveness, transparency, and integrity:
Coordination, Delivery, and Performance:
● Responsible for conducting damage assessment of building projects and preparing scope of work..
● Responsible for preparing the bill of quantities, as-built and construction drawings
● Responsible for day-to-day coordination with the contractors and suppliers according to the needs and requirements on site;
● Inspects and report on contractor’s works in progress ensuring that the contractor meets client quality standards;
● Provide support and guidance to the contractor and assists in resolving site problems, as necessary;
● Responsible for supervision of technical staff and consultants assigned to the project, and the assignment and monitoring of duties during the progress of works;
● Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, as well as Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) aspects into the project during the design and construction phases;
● Ensure PSEA measures are implemented throughout the project implementation, as per the country PSEA action plan;
● Perform other related duties as required by the Project Manager.
●Check contractors’ and suppliers set out and work, including compliance with contracts specifications and ensures that contractors and suppliers comply with their work plans to complete work within the specified scope of work, time frame, and budget;
● Attend daily the project site(s) in order to monitor the progress of works, identify the existing problems and provide appropriate solutions through the application of sound engineering standards in consultation with the Project Manager;
● Responsible for preparation of progress reports on construction activities, according to the agreed timeframe of works and submission of such on a weekly basis to the Project Manager;
● Assess and report on the project closing plans, archiving of cost and progress report and hand over all related reports to the Project Manager;
● Evaluate and assess works schedules and programmes, including the comparison with the schedule baselines and reports to the Project Manager accordingly;
● Check all laboratory reports, operation and maintenance manuals, and keep records and report to the Project Manager accordingly;
● Assess the work activities of contractor/s, measure completed work, and make recommendations to the Project Manager for progress payments to contractors.
||Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
● Maintain records, compile periodic reports and any specific reports required by client standard procedures;
● Responsible for the preparation and verification of a database for the available materials shipped to the project, schedules of labor force, and monitoring of quality of such during the progress of works;
● Check, verify and approve the interim payments submitted by the Contractor/s and submit detailed reports to the Project Manager.
1-Buildings Construction Consulting Services, Design
3-Computer drawings software, particularly “AutoCAD
4-Ability to use standard planning management software particularly MS Project or Primavera
5-Health and Safety Management