Remote Economic Empowerment Intern
BACKGROUND: International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, the IRC provides resettlement, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
UNPAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR
BILINGUAL/FLUENT SPANISH SPEAKER
Gain experience working at a leading, global humanitarian organization; participate in virtual team meetings & regular supervisor check-ins; partake in team building, leadership training & networking opportunities; practice your language skills & make lasting impacts on the lives of IRC clients.
* Research and identify programs, resources & employers to help refugees meet long-term educational, employment and life goals; Develop/maintain database of financial resources for clients
* Provide one-on-one financial coaching and counseling for clients
* Assist employable clients prepare resumes, submit online job applications & prepare for interviews
* Client outreach to identify and follow up on job placements, track meetings, progress & retention rates
* Co-facilitate financial literacy/education workshops for client groups
* Provide translation and interpretation when necessary.
* Other related duties as assigned, including answering and directing phone calls
* Learn how to provide effective, confidential case management to a diverse set of clients
* Develop skills for research and organization of data
* Build project management skills by taking initiative on sub-projects & completing at least one significant intern-led initiative