Glendale (United States of America)
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. The IRC helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and regain control of their future. For over 20 years the IRC offices in Arizona have provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management for victims of trafficking.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
The Finance Assistant is a support position working with the Arizona Finance Department to support and facilitate collaboration between programs and finance.There will be responsibilities in the areas of programs, finance, inventory management, banking, donor, and vendor relationship and general administration.This position is based in the Phoenix office but will work to support all Arizona Finance activities.
- Assist Finance Manager in monthly bank and account reconciliation.
- Act as cashier and conduct weekly bank deposit.
- Reconcile monthly P-card statements.
- Create and submit invoice journals for approval for recurring bills.
- Prepare journal entries for deposits and corrections.
- Assist in inventory and record-keeping of inventory items under Finance custody (gift cards, bus passes, and gas cards), and coordinate with Housing and Logistics Coordinator for inventory related items.
- Record and distribute client bus passes to staff.
- Assist in Finance activities related to Interpreter Services and Immigration Services.
- Issue funds to prepaid cards for client’s cash assistance upon request.
- Coordinate Arizona local vendor information for Integra setup.
- Assist with monthly Time & Effort reports.
- Assist in preparing all documents/samples requested by auditors.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems and updates of Arizona Finance Protocol and communication with programs (including new staff orientation for Arizona Finance process)
- Serve as the Finance liaison for Arizona programs and as backup to other designated Finance staff.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the IRC team.
- Assist in filing and maintaining finance records for easy access
- Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
- Other duties as assigned.