Finance Officer (Temporary - 3 months)
Under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer – Payables, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the vendors are timely paid using the Electronic fund transfer platforms and supporting in the day today finance activities to ensure they are performed in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Review all the payment requests and ensure compliance and completeness of supporting documents before payments are made; ensuring timely payments.
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Carry out Electronic Fund payments (Mobile money and online banking)
- Support completion of end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal or no errors.
- Review mobile money requests from the field offices by carrying out Name verifications alongside the created CSV files.
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office.
- Support the process of preparation of the cash and bank accounting worksheet.