Support services coordinator (M/F) - Lebanon
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. The goal of MdM in Lebanon is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by this crisis. Currently, medical assistance is provided through one partner in one Primary Health Care Center in north Bekaa. MdM’s MHPSS intervention in Lebanon aims to strengthen the national mental health system and increase access to quality mental healthcare. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of a community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers (CMHC), in coordination with partners for the substance use, gender and inclusion components. MdM’s activities are based in Beirut, Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You work under the direct supervision of the general coordinator for Lebanon and you manage the support services of MdM in Lebanon (1 logistics manager, 1 finance manager and 1 HR Officer).
Your main responsibilities are:
Supervision and coordination
• Ensure the line-management of the 3 support services (Finance, HR, Logistics)
• Ensure that other coordinators and staff are cost aware and ensure efficient use of resources
• Ensure an effective and regular coordination of the 3 Support Services
• Brief and build the capacities of your colleagues from other departments of the mission
• Be the mission’s focal point for all legal aspects related to MdM operations in Lebanon
• Oversee the monthly update of the BFF by the finance manager, review and update the forecast with the program teams and be responsible for the completeness of the BFF
• Supervise the drafting of the new program budgets
• Supervise the drafting of the annual MdM procurement plan
• Supervise the accounting closure
• Monitor the cash flow, ensure timely submission of the monthly cash needs and assess and mitigate any cash risks
Internal control and compliance
• Ensure that partners are compliant with donor requirements
• Be in charge of the proper document filing and ensure mission archives are regularly and properly sent to HQ
• Be the focal point for the preparation of all audits and evaluations
• Act as the focal point for the AFD consortium partners on proper procedure drafting and compliance as well as on procurement and financial reporting
• Assess the needs and support your team in building the capacity of the partners on consortium procedures implementation
• Evaluate contractual arrangements and legal commitments/risks for appropriate action
• Foster a positive work environment and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed
• Anticipate and actively participate to reporting to donors
• Participate to the monthly situation report
• Provide regular reporting to the general coordinator
• Train and mentor your team members, after proceeding with a capacity gap assessment
• Lead the coordination meetings when necessary to maintain an effective communication and cooperation between all departments
• Ensure good information flow with other coordinators
• Support and participate in the regular appraisal of the staff under your direct management
• Participate in the recruitment process of the staff under your direct responsibility
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary 2 845 euros
Based in Beirut with regular field visits
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Significant similar experience with humanitarian organizations and in grants management
Experience in supervision and team management
Experience in global overview of a program implementation and long-term strategy
Knowledge and experience of work in the Middle-East is an asset
Ability to work in a volatile security context
Ability to manage a team and work with partners in a multi-cultural setting
Ability to manage priorities and to meet deadlines as well as work under pressure
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Languages: fluency in English is mandatory, good commend of French is highly recommended and commend of Arabic is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please click on the following link to apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JeoLSnFJ?idpartenaire=128