Internal Vacancy Announcement - Temporary Appointment: Senior Logistics Associate, GS-7, For 364, Pemba, Mozambique (Open to Mozambican Nationals Only)
Under the supervision of the Chief Filed Office, the Senior Logistics Associate, provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient warehousing and distribution of the supplies of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design. At the G-7 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Chief Filed Office, the Senior Logistics Associate, provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient warehousing and distribution of the supplies of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
At the G-7 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Record daily warehouse transactions in Vision ZSUPPLY module including Goods Receipts from local and offshore sources, Goods Dispatches from the warehouse to implementing partners and end-users. Accurately enter supply details, i.e. Sales Order No. Purchase Order No., quantity, unit of measure, material no., item descriptions and expiry dates.
- Produce and disseminate weekly stock reports from Vision for all MCO Pemba stocks from all warehouses, with a clear analysis of trends, ageing, regular country programme vs pre-positioned stocks, major commodity types and make recommendations for replenishment or dispatches accordingly.
- Oversee day-to-day operations in the Pemba contracted warehouse with minimum once a week visits to the facility. Reconcile, and update if necessary, Vision stock data with contractor’s stock data using stock receipts and dispatches. Ensure stocks are properly arranged for ease of visibility and counting.
- Conduct physical inventory of the warehouses biannually. Reconcile Vision vs physical stocks for any variances with explanations. Prepare PSB submissions for any disposal or write-off action of stock with justification in coordination with the Logistics Officer in Maputo.
- Follow up on Release Orders from Pemba Sections. Prepare waybills for dispatch of supplies from warehouse to consignees. Correctly enter consignee details as per distribution plan. Liaise with transporters to ensure timely off-loading from warehouse for dispatch from warehouse.
- Verify and certify warehouse storage and handling invoices as per monthly stock movements and related warehousing contract.
- Maintain an up-to-date electronic and physical filing system of stock records regarding warehouse transactions.
- Undertake end-user monitoring trips, including to field office warehouses, partners and country warehouses and storage facilities.
- Represent UNICEF at the Logistics Cluster meetings, or any other relevant logistics forum relevant to UNICEF Logistics operations in Pemba.
The capacity of the Senior Logistics Associate to effectively and efficiently carry out the above duties contributes to the efficient planning, management and oversight of cost-effective procurement, contracting, inventory, storage and delivery of supplies and related services directly impact on program delivery of goals and results. This in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility of UNICEF as an effective and responsible manager of funds entrusted to the organization and to furthering UNICEF image as a competent organization for delivering cost effective and sustainable program results.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage. A Bachelor's degree in Procurement and/or Logistics, or Business and Administration or related field is an asset.
Work Experience: Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the areas of procurement, supply or logistics and/or other directly related technical field is required, with an understanding of development and humanitarian work. Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
Language Requirement: Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1) ▪ Works Collaboratively with others (1) ▪ Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1) ▪ Innovates and Embraces Change (1) ▪ Thinks and Acts Strategically (1) ▪ Drive to achieve impactful results (1) ▪ Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
There will be no relocation package offered for this post. The successful candidate will be responsible for his/her own relocation and settlement in the city where the post is based.
There is a salary calculator tool for local staff through this link. Please run simulations for an estimate of monthly and annual salary based on the post’s level and location. When running the simulation, please select Mozambique (NEW) as the Duty Station.