Instructional Designer and E-Learning Development Consultant
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental organization devoted to promoting the rule of law. IDLO works to enable governments and empower people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLO.
Gender equality is among IDLO’s core values and guiding principles. IDLO’s Strategic Plan specifically states that IDLO is “committed to promoting gender equality through non-discriminatory gender responsive laws, and institutions, enhancing women’s access to justice and increasing their legal empowerment to achieve sustainable development”. In this framework, IDLO is implementing a Project which supports the elimination of discriminatory laws in the Philippines, aligning to the “Equality in Law for Women and Girls by 2030: A multi-stakeholder Strategy for Accelerated Action” (EDL) led by UNWOMEN. The overall goal of the Project is to facilitate elimination or reform of laws that discriminate against women and girls.
Part of this program is to build legal and technical capacity on legal drafting and/or specific thematic areas to support legal reform work, specifically for the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Philippines. The capacity building will be developed and delivered in coordination with IDLO’s institutional partner, the Philippine Commission on Women. To support the capacity building of the House of Representatives and Senate of the Philippines, IDLO will retain an Instructional Designer/E-Learning Developer Consultant to design the asynchronous components of a Blended Learning course.
The Consultant, under the supervision of IDLO Philippines’ Country Manager, and in coordination with IDLO’s EDL Field Program Coordinator and other IDLO staff, will design and develop the asynchronous components of a Blended Learning Course. The module is developed through close consultation with the IDLO Subject Matter Expert on Gender Responsive Legislation, the Philippine Commission on Women, and the publication How to Be a Gender-Responsive Legislator (a publication of the Philippine Commission on Women), using the instructional principles of ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation) and SAM2 (Successive Approximation Model) approach.
The Consultant will ultimately be responsible for the timely submission of the outputs required under this contract, including the draft and final online training module to IDLO.
IDLO will require the services of an Instructional Designer/E-Learning Developer Consultant, who will be expected to report to the IDLO Field Program Coordinator for Equality in Law for Women and Girls project. The main objective of the consultancy is to design and develop a pilot Blended Learning course for the capacity-building activity on How to be a Gender-Responsive Legislator.
The Consultant will perform the following duties:
Design and Development of a pilot self-paced E-learning Course
1. The Consultant will familiarize herself/himself with IDLO’s training methodology, including the completion of IDLO’s online Training of Trainers course and the IDLO introduction to distance learning course;
2. The Consultant will give technical, strategic, and substantive expert guidance to IDLO Philippines in the development of the abovementioned course;
3. The Consultant will provide feedback, suggestions and recommendations on the design and delivery of blended learning course;
4. Based on the storyboards, the Consultant will create e-learning contents (SCORM), subject to final validation by IDLO Philippines before actual uploading to the learning management system (EFront);
5. The Consultant will submit to IDLO both the SCORM file and the project file of the e-learning courses;
7. The Consultant will incorporate the feedback from the validation workshop and conduct a testing and debugging of the course on the selected platform or chosen web-based portal to be witnessed by IDLO, PCW, and UN Women.
7. The Service Provider will be expected at all times to coordinate closely with IDLO Philippines through regular coordination meetings and to accept IDLO Philippines' inputs and guidance.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Certification in E-Learning design/Implementation
- At least 5 years’ experience in drafting and developing E-learning courses and blended learning initiatives.
- Experience working with Philippine government institutions would likewise be an advantage
- Experience working on gender issues would be an asset
- Previous experience in drafting and developing training modules would be a considerable asset
- Ability to design and develop quality learning solutions to meet organizational needs
- Excellent command of graphics, design and multi-media
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Specific Technical Competencies:
- Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate
- Experience in working with various Content Management Systems and Learning Management Platforms
- Audio editing
- Development of Instructional media
- Experience with virtual learning tools
- Experience in instructional design and instructional design methodologies (at least 5 years)
Behavioral Competencies of the Representative/s of the Service Provider:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
- Proven ability to develop and foster remote working relationships.
- Proven ability to see through set tasks and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Self-motivated, creative and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Terms and Conditions
The Services will be performed remotely with all meetings and activities to be held over virtual platform(s).
The estimated start date for this assignment is April 9, 2021. The assignment period is twenty non-consecutive (20) days between April and June 2021. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting a CV and cover letter.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director - General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.