Manager, Donor Engagement
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
The salary range for this opportunity is 31,013 – 41,959 pounds.
The External Relations (ER) department was formed in 2020 and is comprised of 3 complementary functional areas: Private fundraising, Communications and Advocacy. The department is in the beginning stages of crafting a new, results-oriented strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy, and brand awareness. Supporting this endeavor, and an integral part of ER, is the Global Partnerships and Philanthropic Services (GPPS) Unit. GPPS consists of functional specialists across a variety of high-value fundraising support functions providing all elements of cultivation, support and stewardship to high value donors, partners, and supporters, and is comprised of three pillars: Research, Partner Engagement & Corporate Affairs (PECA), and Program Services.
This exciting opportunity is on the PECA team! PECA engages our HV donors, partners, and supporters across the three income streams (Corporate, Foundations and Trusts, and HNWIs) through a number of support services including operational partnerships, gift in kind policy and practice; global workplace giving; partner engagement and visibility.
The Manager, Donor Engagement is a creative and enthusiastic individual with a team orientation, ready to help build a high-value donor engagement program that aligns with and links up to the IRC’s broader supporter journey.
The Manager will be responsible for supporting a comprehensive strategy for donor engagement built through compelling communications and events that transform how donors and prospective donors interact with the IRC. They will collaborate with a variety of key partners both within External Relations, and across the IRC, to help facilitate timely and compelling communications, engagement events, cultivation, acknowledgements, and recognition.
• Oversee the donor acknowledgement and tax receipt process for high value donors (all private high net worth individuals, corporations, and foundations) to ensure donors receive accurate and timely acknowledgement of their gifts.
• Support in revamping the IRC’s high value donor acknowledgement system after a Salesforce integration to create a system for automated tax receipt and gift acknowledgement letters.
• Work with Associate Director, Donor Engagement to identify a diverse range of IRC signatories and voices for communications with donors.
• Liaise with Prospect Analytics team to ensure all donor engagement activities and preferences stay up to date in Salesforce and coordinate report generation for communications and reporting.
• Support engagement events, coordinating with Strategic Events to track event RSVPs and to project manage portfolio manager follow up, and prepare materials and collateral for events.
• Support on other projects as needed.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in communications; donor engagement and stewardship; fundraising; and/or a related field.
• Specific experience with fundraising and donor engagement a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with staff at all levels.
• Sound verbal and written communication skills as well as an ability to be clear and concise in all communications with a wide range of groups and individuals.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks without sacrificing quality through strong
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
• Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
• Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
• Passion for the IRC’s mission and commitment to private sector partnerships.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation