HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Republic of Korea (Korea (Republic of))
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change. In order to deliver its global mandate, GGGI currently has 300 staff in 30+ countries. With new programs coming on stream the institute is aiming to grow to 400 staff by the end of 2021.
The position leads the Human Resources Unit, integrating the areas of HR: talent management, organization design, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, performance improvement, training and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and communications. The postholder will lead development and implementation of a people strategy and ensure that HR services are lean and effectively support the needs of the business in all 30+ locations.
The Head of Human Resources role reports to the ADG and Head of OED in the management and delivery of the HR program and services. The postholder will:
- Lead the development and implementation of a people strategy for the organization.
- Lead the introduction of ‘lean’ processes and continuous improvement strategies across the HR function, in order to enable the delivery of an effective and improving customer driven HR service.
- Lead and monitor on going performance and development of HR systems including HR reporting, metrics and market analysis ensuring accuracy and performance meets stakeholder demand and supports HR objectives and strategy.
- Advises leadership about opportunities, risks, and new technologies or best practices to improve efficiency and quality of HR services.
- Develops and operationalizes innovative systems that nurture collaboration within GGGI that strengthens a dynamic working environment optimizing staff resources;
- Communicates sound messages within GGGI, and externally on the capabilities of the organization and its human resources.
- Adapts best practices of talent management, compensation and benefits, and learning and development to ensure the effective implementation of GGGI programs.
- Leads and motivate the HR team by providing knowledge, experience, and ongoing support in implementation of the work program as well as ensuring ongoing professional development.
- Integrate internationally recognized HR best practice solutions and mechanisms into GGGI’s business processes to ensure innovative and agile HR services are available to the organization.
- Design frameworks and innovative programs, in collaboration with departmental/divisional management and others, that enable the right staff to be in the right place at the right time;
- Manage people policies with appropriate executive colleagues.
- Be the professional discipline lead for the HR function.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s) or equivalent Post Graduate professional qualification in Human Resource Management
- 10 years of relevant professional experience that combines intellectual and managerial leadership in Human Resources.
- Experience of working in International Organizations but some private sector experience also desirable
- International living and working experience is desirable and experience in, and working with, developing countries and emerging economies
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to focus on ‘big picture’ business transformation issues whilst remaining ‘hands-on’.
- Experience in managing competing priorities successfully.
- Able to lead and simplify complex problems, processes or projects, explore and evaluate systematically.
- Emotional and Cultural intelligence and track record of effectively operating and communicating in diverse and multi-cultural organizations.
- Ability to articulate ideas and key points concisely, while adjusting to various audience, such as senior management, staff, etc, in writing and verbally;
- Engaging and warm interpersonal style.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Promote the optimum use of public resources.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership.
- Process and share information easily.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport, and resolves conflict easily.
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff.
- Be able to lead where needed and provide solutions to project-level challenges.
The Head of Human Resources is an X11 grade level in GGGI’s International salary scale, please refer to staff regulations for information on the salary scale for Korea. The initial appointment is for 36 months. GGGI provides 13% of base salary towards retirement plan/long-term savings, 27 days of annual leave, and private health insurance that covers dental and vision.
GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges and assist Staff members to achieve a better balance between work and personal/family commitments, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity, and well-being of Staff members.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.