UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Jordan Country Office supports the Government of Jordan to implement global norms and standards on gender equality and women’s empowerment; promotes women’s economic empowerment; and implements a resilience and empowerment model for Syrian refugee women and vulnerable Jordanian women. The country office is implementing its Strategic Note for the period 2018-2022 and is prioritizing coherence and interlinkages across its projects and programmes under these three pillars. This requires effective implementation, monitoring and reporting on progress and results and coordination with key stakeholders in government, civil society, and the international community.
Reporting to Programme Analyst, the Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Programme Assistant provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Draft minutes of meetings as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Maintain proper filing, both soft and hard versions, of project documents ensuring its adherence to UN Women regulations.
- Develop Note-to File and any supporting documents necessary for documentation and filing.
- Liaise with UN Women’s Operations Unit on the issuance of contracts/amendments for all procurement and HR
- In cooperation with the Procurement Associate, support the procurement of project equipment supplies and services
- Provide support to UN Women team as required.
·Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
·Provide executive and administrative support for Deputy Representative
- Manage DR’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings
- Research files, collects information and organize material to meet DR’s requests.
- Organize, compile, and process documentation for processing and signature by DR.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for Jordan CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to programme team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
- Knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification
College Diploma in Business Administration or any related field. University Degree in Business, Public Administration and Finance an asset
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.