Regional ICT Support Consultant
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The FAO Regional Office for Asia Pacific (RAP) is providing Regional ICT support to the Asia and Pacific regional offices and regional projects in coordination with the headquarters ICT division.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Regional Representative, coordination with RAP ICT officer and the technical guidance of the IT Division.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating Information and Communications Technology (ICT) support services to FAO’s regional decentralized sites within the region, including the offices in the assigned Duty Station. Specifically, and following the FAO IT standards, policies and procedures, the incumbent will
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate provision of technical support of regional ICT Service Desk within the Regional Integrated Support Desk (ISD). Manage all the ICT support requests through the IT Division service desk system (LANDesk) and ensure that the IT Division is promptly informed of key issues;
- As defined by the CSI service support model, provide 1st level IT support to users and 2nd level ICT technical support to OTCs/IRCs within the region experiencing technical issues and in case of need, escalate intervention to relevant 3rd level support teams based on the system fault;
- Participate in providing technical support and management of ICT services and infrastructure within the region as per IT Division guidelines (e.g. servers, file/print services, e-mail, backups, telephone systems, user workstation configuration, local user management, etc.) and ensure effective communications within the ICT support persons in the region (OTC/IRC network), IT Division, customers and major stakeholders.
- Proactively monitor ICT systems installed in the FAO Decentralized Offices (DOs) within the region including the status of remote systems (OS, DNS, DHCP, etc.), hardware (disk space, backup status, HW faults, etc.) and network connectivity and follow the escalation procedures according the IT Division procedures;
- Ensure support to video-conferencing activities performed within the region and liaise with HQ for bridging services, Skype for business and testing prior to meetings/events;
- Perform after-hours or week-end support when, and if, necessary;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- At least University degree/technical diploma/high school diploma in Information Technology or related field
- Three years of relevant experience in ICT support
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian
- Working knowledge of Thai desirable.
- National of Thailand or resident with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Microsoft “Modern Desktop Certification MD-100 & 101” desirable
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification desirable
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Networking
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and Unified Communication
- Familiarity with Zoom and other meeting tools
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.