IT Solutions Associate, FTA-G6 and SC6 (SCOPE), Multiple Duty Stations
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Posting Date: 31 March 2021
Closing Date: 14 April 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Information Communication and Technology team and enable the delivery of life-changing services? Are you ready to partner with WFP managers and teams to deliver effective IT Solutions that are intended to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced IT Solutions Associates, to join our ICT teams in the following duty stations at the indicated grade/contract: El Geneina (SC6), Kassala (FTA-G6) and Nyala (SC6).
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide technical support on the development, maintenance, testing and implementation of a portion of IT solutions in line with business requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components.
2. Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to support systems maintenance.
3. Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced or fixed code in order to ensure completeness and adherence to technical specifications.
4. Assist in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
5. Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
6. Resolve users queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided.
7. Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems.
8. Collect and collate data, conduct basic analysis to support the development of accurate reports.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in areas related to Information Communication Technology, software development etc.
Experience: Five years of relevant experience in Information Technology Processes, IT network design, deployment and administration, Application development, End-users/help desk support.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
• Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 14 April 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants should state the duty stations they are interested in before submitting their applications using their cover letters.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED