Supply Chain Officer( Technician)
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The post refers to a technically qualified electrician being trained for formal maintenance and repairs of electronic equipment and tools in use within DRC. Successful conduct in this position requires personal initiative, skill, and work attitude from the Technician, and a great deal of planning and scheduling of the maintenance process by the Logistics Department. A failure within the conduct of this post may result in a forced stand-down of field unit(s) incapable to launch sufficient radio communications and/or using the detector equipment..
- Understand, respect, and control DRC policies and procedures. Focus on supporting transparency and accountability of the organization.
- Repair and maintain CEIA mine detectors( currently, we have about 90 detectors that need to be service/repairs in the first month).
- Repair and maintain the bomb locators.
- Repair and maintain the exploders and ohmmeters.
- Repair and maintain the Minelab detectors.
- Repair and maintain the Largloop detectors.
- Repair and maintain the CEIA Campac detectors.
- Repair and maintain the battery chargers for detectors D-CEL and 9V and other related electronic equipment.
- Performs major repairs, installs, and modifies as required all HF, VHF, and UHF radio communication systems for DRC Afghanistan.
- Setup and installation of HF and VHF radios in base stations and vehicles.
- Programming of HF and VHF radios for all locations in Afghanistan.
- Maintains the DRC’s VHF radio network including repeaters, antennas and associated equipment, mobile, base station, and handheld radios
- Tests, repairs, and aligns portable handheld radios.
- Train all personnel incorrect usage of HF and VHF radios and detectors.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on radio systems and assists and trains post personnel in radio usage.
- Develops a current schedule of assigned tasks and status of each item changes to supervisors at regular intervals.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of radios, repair parts, tools, test equipment, technical manuals and materials used
- in day-to-day operations.
- Establishes and maintains requisitions for mechanical maintains accurate records of all repairs and electronic components and parts, assuring that reasonable and adequate stock levels are maintained.
- monitors histories of each radio and detector to establish depreciation/ replacement In coordination with the Logistics Department, make necessary arrangements and repair/maintenance timetable for any other repairs that will require external support from contractors.
- Perform any other tasks instructed by the Logistics Manager.
- Ensure that an organized filing system is in place, which should keep records of all repair and service of radios and equipment.
- Support supply chain manager for preparing documentation in case of an audit.
- Adhere fully to the DRC Code of Conduct.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- High School Graduation
- Five years Experience in repairing and programing of radios and detectors.
- Grade XI education, plus a radio technician's course from a recognized radio school/institute.
- English (Written and Spoken) – Fluent
- Dari / Pasto (Written and Spoken) – Fluent
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 15 April 2021.