Senior Specialist, M&E Technology - LATAM
Colombia (Colombia) | Mexico
Are you passionate about using technology to improve monitoring and evaluation? We are growing our team to improve the use of technology in M&E in the Latin America (LATAM) region. Together we will develop and deploy new data tools, transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improve our data flows.
Location: Colombia, El Salvador, Mexico, Honduras, Ecuador, U.S.
Languages: Fluency in both Spanish & English a must.
1. Deployment of technologies for data collection
• Undertaking technology needs assessments for IRC programs.
• Designing and implementing project plans for countries/programs transitioning to new data collection tools.
• Configuration of non-standard project/program indicators in data collection tools.
• Ensuring data validation is well embedded in the structure of data collection tools.
• Collaborating with program, IT and supply chain teams to plan purchase of devices.
• System training and ongoing end-user support for IRC staff and partners.
2. Supporting data management, analysis and visualization
• Working from standard XLSX and PBIX templates, setting up indicator database and dashboard for visualizing M&E data.
• Providing training to M&E staff on indicator databases and dashboards.
• Undertaking data quality assessments for current databases.
• Migration or transformation of existing project or country level data into standard data structures.
3. Understanding user needs and ensuring these needs are well understood throughout the team
• Gathering user feedback on data tools during and after deployment.
• Participating in requirements capturing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for new tools.
• Sharing user feedback with colleagues in IT and other team feedback.
• At least 5 years of professional experience, including with technology tools used in humanitarian/development industry.
• Proven experience in configuring and deploying technological platforms including CommCare, Kobo Collect, PowerBI, SQL Server and/or Power Apps.
• Experience providing technology support to clients and colleagues.
• Knowledge of standard methodologies in database design.
• Experience in delivering trainings and capacity building.
• Able to work independently and efficiently in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment.
• Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish and English.
• Experience working in humanitarian development, government or other organization that focus on serving clients with technology.
• Experience of requirements analysis.
• Experience of participating in User Acceptance Testing for new IT systems
This will be a local position based in one of the countries the IRC is present in the LATAM Region. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, this role may initially be working remotely and providing remote support. As travel restrictions lift, the role will transition to an office environment, and travel up to 35% of the time to provide in-person support to colleagues in our country offices throughout LATAM.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.