Programme Assistant SC5 (Khartoum & Nyala)
Job Posting Information:
Opening date: 06 April 2021
Closing date: 19 April 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused logistics services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective logistics management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for talented Programme Assistants in our offices in Khartoum & Nyala, to be hired on a Service Contract at the SC5 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
4. Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
5. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
7. Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
8. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four (4) years expereince in the related area
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 19 April 2021
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Eligible applicants are advised to indicate the duty station(s) of their preference when submitting their applications
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED