Strategic Health Information Officer- Communication and advocacy
Brazzaville (Congo Republic)
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
During deployment, the duties may be modified, based upon the technical needs of the Programme.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Data Analytics and Knowledge Management, and working closely with counterparts at the respective Regional Office and HQ, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate health information communication with countries, partners and other stakeholders
- Develop advocacy plans for the WHO Regional Office for Africa on its technical work in health information, including for the Africa Health Observatory
- Facilitate development of research products based on the work in health information for the WHO African Region
- Review and support strengthening of the legal and regulatory environment for health information in the WHO African Region
- Training in a public health field including at least 2 areas from governance, research, communication and/or legal systems
- Masters degree training
- 2 years of professional work experience at the national level, in external communications. Proven experience in writing engaging communications materials.
Desirable Experience: Prior working experience with WHO/UN or with an international nongovernmental organization; experience in organizing advocacy campaigns and experience in managing publishing processes. Proven experience in writing advocacy documents. Proven experience in taking photographs or filming video which are of professional qualityLanguage skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Fluent
- Excellent knowledge of word processing, sharepoint, R studio, and web tools
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of work in health sector in the African Region, specifically in Universal Health Coverage implementation
- Writing, and publishing health research articles
Competencies and Values:
- Communication: expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others; actively listens. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: is open to, and proposes, new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
- Promoting innovation and organizational learning: invigorates the Organization by building a culture which encourages learning and development. Sponsors innovative approaches and solutions.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: demonstrates ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, VisionApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16-04-2021