MEAL Officer- Mosul
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, child Protection and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC's assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country, and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar and Mosul.
Job Overview/Summary:The MEAL officer is responsible for managing operations of the relief project M&E system to support programme management and accountability functions. He/she contributes toward the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of IRC. In addition to programme data management for quality purposes.
1. Manage the implementation of project specific M&E plans in alignment with the donor and the IRC M&E standards.
2. Participate in project design, revise the project objective hierarchy and logical framework matrix (activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts)
3. Manage the identification and design of appropriate tools, formats and procedures of operational monitoring at each level of the objective hierarchy; including Post Distribution Monitoring, Onsite Monitoring Surveys, Checklists, etc..
4.Support the project teams in creating monitoring and data capturing tools.
5.Revise and compile the data coming from the project teams and provide guidance on the data management.
6. Conduct frequent data quality audit checks.
7.Work closely with the project team to fill the indicator tracking sheets on monthly basis.
8.Upload project specific M&E details on the proper information management software.
9. Assist in the preparation of terms Of Reference, design and costing of baseline, evaluations and needs assessment surveys and provide direct support for the exercises.
10. Provide support to external consultants and individuals sub-contracted to implement special surveys or studies required for evaluating project effects and impacts
11. Facilitate analysis sessions with project staff to reflect on findings and agree on programmatic action.
12.Assist in organizing trainings on M&E principles for capacity development and awareness among relevant IRC staff
13. Conduct coaching for MEAL assistants and enumerators on M&E frameworks, data collection methodologies, data analysis, etc.
14.Provide supervision for MEAL assistants and project teams throughout qualitative data collection
15.Conduct qualitative data analysis jointly with M&E assistants and project team.
16.Ensure that project level means of verification are available and organized at project sites.
17.Develops, establishes, maintains and continuously improves information management processes that support the achievement of overarching goals of IRC Iraq.
18.Oversees portfolios of projects and captures all programmatic information related to IRC including data from various data collection tools, assessments and evaluations with the collaboration of the wider M&E team.
19.Working closely with programs to collect beneficiary count report monthly as focal point
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Field Coordinator
Position directly/technically supervises: MEAL Assistant