MHNT team leader
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response. Currently, IRC is operating in the Oromia, Benishangul, Tigray, SNNPR and Somali regions on Emergency Response, refugee’s assistance and livelihood projects.
The MHNT Team leader is responsible for leading MHNT and proper implementation of Emergency Health and Nutrition response project at woreda level, focusing on IDPs site and will monitor targeted health facilities at the project implementation areas. Moreover; She/he will work closely with Health manager and Senior health officer based in Shire and liaise the health care services with woreda health office to enhance their participation and involvement in prevention, awareness creation and capacity building of woreda based government health staff (Nurse, Midwife, public health officer & HEWs) and s/he will provide ongoing technical support for gov’t health care providers (Health Workers and Health Extension Workers).
This position will be based at different districts/woredas under Shire field office and will directly report to the Health manager based in Shire field office.
- Team leader (Monitor/Manager), responsible for all tasks related to the team service delivery.
- Responsible for team plan movement and ensure all service package components of the MHNT are delivered.
- S/He specifically responsible for adult and under five year medical consultation and nutrition service package and supported by the two health extension workers.
- Responsible for all quarterly supplies related issues (In/Out & stock balance) & timely flag of shortage.
- Responsible for vehicle utilization, administrative management including fuel & travels.
- Team capacitating (WoHo staff, HEWs and other Nurses)
- Responsible for the link between the team and the zonal/woreda administrations, WoHo and service recipient community
- Attend necessary meetings within the woreda during emergencies, planning, responding and monitoring.
- Ensure other team members are doing correct tally, recording, registering and filling.
- Verify, compile and share complete timely reports to woreda and regional data manger.
- Early communicate any shortfalls (programmatic and administrative issues to SRHB &/or supporting partners)