Asylum Seekers & Families (ASF) Specialist
Glendale (United States of America)
The Asylum Seekers & Families (ASF) Specialist will provide direct care services and ensure the safety of the families at IRC’s Welcome Center. The ASF Specialist will act as an advocate, educator, coach, and role model for the program participants, as well as complete operational routines in the Welcome Center. The ASF Specialist operates under supervision with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean, safe, secure, and stable center for asylum-seeking families; provide meals, bedding, clothes, and personal hygiene supplies as needed. Clean and organize the center and maintain child-friendly spaces.
- Conduct participant intakes and assessments, coordinate travel arrangements, and complete referrals for participants in their destination locations.
- Provide individualized and group orientations and support clients through social service referrals, medical access, and advocacy services by assessing and evaluating each client’s distinct needs.
- Coordinate and conduct ‘Know Your Rights’ and other informative orientations.
- Provide travel logistics including transportation of clients and in-kind donations to and from bus stations, airports, the center and other drop off points.
- Assist clients in navigating airport travel arrangements, including how to read arrival and departure boards, how to read their tickets, escorting clients through TSA security to their departure gate and assisting with flight boarding, as necessary.
- Assist clients in navigating bus terminal travel arrangements, including how to read their tickets, bus transfers, arrival and departures and assisting with boarding, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with case documentation, case file management and reporting requirements, adhering to strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Support statewide efforts to support the needs of asylum seekers as requested and needed.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engages as a member of the team.
- Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
- Other related duties as assigned.