This opportunity can be based in New York, NY, London, UK and Nairobi, Kenya.
As Chief Gender, Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Officer, you will lead our global efforts to refine and deliver a comprehensive and coordinated strategic plan that builds an inclusive culture across IRC and ensures diversity, equality, and inclusion are central to all we do. Building upon a strong existing foundation of advancing gender equality within IRC’s global program delivery and internal operations and the IRC’s stated ambition to become a feminist organization, you will establish a new Gender, Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (G-DEI) unit, with an expanded scope, to achieve IRC’s goal of being a fully inclusive organization. These efforts will result in improved outcomes for our clients, a more inclusive work environment, and increased influence for good within the humanitarian sector.
You understand that the root causes of inequality require shared solutions across sectors and systems and will guide IRC’s teams to test new approaches, expand innovations, and build strategic partnerships that challenge and shift the structures that perpetuate inequality. You will work across all facets of a highly matrixed organization to achieve transformational change. You will place IRC’s staff and clients at the center of our work and maximize their influence over organizational decisions. You will harness the power of lived experience and the value derived from diverse viewpoints to orchestrate programmatic and operational change.
Major Responsibilities -
• Refine, implement, manage and be responsible for IRC’s organization-wide vision, strategy, and delivery plan in a participatory way to evolve IRC into a fully feminist, diverse, and inclusive organization
• Partner with key leaders and actors to confirm shared accountabilities in delivering on the G-DEI plan and support change management efforts needed to achieve success
• Support the development and implementation of G-DEI related policies and practices in partnership with organizational program, functional, and shared services leaders
• Collaborate with relevant teams to embed approaches to monitoring and evaluation and a culture of continuous improvement and learning in relation to G-DEI
• Co-create a new G-DEI Scorecard and Action Plan to provide a clear vision, metrics and accountability system on which to gauge progress
• Build G-DEI engagement, knowledge, and capacity within the organization at all levels
• Communicate G-DEI priorities, action plans, and progress made
• Serve as a resource, thought partner, and assessor of progress
• Support IRC leaders in obtaining the technical support needed to achieve IRC’s G-DEI priorities
• Coordinate data gathering and analysis to inform organizational interventions and track progress made
• Add to the sector’s knowledge base about what works best
• Assemble and lead a highly matrixed diverse global team with the most appropriate skills and experiences to best achieve the goals of the unit
• Support a consistently high level of team performance; manage, mentor, and coach team, modeling healthy, collaborative intra- and inter-departmental working relationships
• Assemble and lead a community of practice throughout the organization where everyone is accountable for progress on defined Gender, Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion goals
• Cultivate a respectful and inclusive environment for all people
• Other duties as assigned