National Project Personnel - Field Project Facilitator (2 positions one in Luang Prabang and one in Oudomxay)
lao people%27s democratic republic
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO in Lao PDR is implementing the project “Assistance for Smallholders and Socially Vulnerable to Preventing Spread of the COVID-19 in Lao PDR” no OSRO/LAO/100/JPN. The project is funded by the Government of Japan. This project targets 7 000 most vulnerable households (approximately 37 100 people) who have been most impacted by COVID-19, in particular women-headed households, women producer groups, youth and returning migrant workers in Luang Prabang and Oudomxay Provinces. They will receive COVID-19 risk awareness raising and protection measures, and a support for more resilient crop, agro-forestry and livestock-based livelihoods. Simultaneously, the project will strengthen the COVID-19 risk management capacity of provincial and district level authorities, including the health, disaster risk management, social welfare and labor, agriculture and other concerned sectors through a multi-hazard approach.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Lao PDR and International Operations Specialist, and the direct supervision of Provincial Project Coordinator in close collaboration with National Project Management Officer and Project Coordinators.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the successful implementation of activities at the district and village levels by undertaking the following tasks and duties.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Be responsible for day-to-day technical and administrative management of the project at district level to ensure smooth and timely implementation of project activities in compliance with FAO administrative and financial rules and regulations.
- Be responsible for management of field project includes planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, as well as preparing reports and briefings on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the local authorities and relevant partners, especially with District Health Offices (DoH), District Office for Natural Resources and Environment (DoNRE) and District Agriculture and Forestry Office (DAFO) to ensure the coordination of project activities and smooth implementation of project interventions at project sites.
- Facilitate the implementation of relevant studies and assessments in the district/village/household levels.
- Participate and/or facilitate district and village-levels meetings/workshops and meetings with the Government, development partners, other UN agencies, donors and other stakeholders at the project sites.
- Facilitate the field implementation and delivery/ distribution of participating suppliers/partners.
- Be responsible for M&E data collection in his/her respective district and villages, supporting the project M&E process
- Coordinate for supporting documentation of project feedback hotline, including follow up and investigation of feedback received
- Support and promote communication and ensure full visibility of donor and project with particular emphasis on success/human stories.
- Perform administrative tasks including preparation of budget planning and reporting of payments that occurred in the assigned district(s) in accordance with the FAO’s rules and regulations.
- Contribute to donor and other relevant reporting.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Diploma, or preferably university degree, in agriculture, forestry, social sciences, public health, sociology, geography or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably with international organisations including INGOs, bilateral or multi-lateral agencies, and with UN agencies is desirable.
- Basic working knowledge of English
- Nationality of Lao
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in working with the government counterpart at provincial, district and community level
- Good communication skill
- Good reporting skill
- Proficient in word and excel
- Extent and relevance of experience in project implementation and administration support would be an asset
- Speaking of local language(s) in the areas of projects is an asset.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/