Programme Finance Assistant
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas workLevel 2: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to followLevel 2: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfactionLevel 2: Takes ownership of responsibilities
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transformLevel 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgementLevel 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services;
- Building Partnerships Tracks and reports on mobilized resourcesLevel 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharingLevel 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks (specialized knowledge related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting).
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignmentsLevel 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development: Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutionsLevel 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems:Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systemsLevel 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Client Orientation: Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines. Responds to client needs promptlyLevel 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management. Maintains databasesLevel 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 5 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required in combination of a Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- 2 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required in combination of a Bachelor. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems. Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable. Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS desirable
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.