Field Manager- Togo
GiveDirectly is a nonprofit that delivers unconditional cash transfers to people living in poverty. Throughout Africa, we’ve helped more than 450,000 families across 8 countries: Uganda, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Malawi, Morocco, Liberia, and now Togo. In Togo, GiveDirectly is partnering with the Government of Togo to launch GIVEDIRECT-NOVISSI, a cash transfer program to support over 100,000 poor individuals living in Togo’s poorest cantons. The program will help the individuals living in poverty cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Field Manager (FM) will play a central role in ensuring that Givedirectly delivers a gold standard product to donors and recipients. The role will reward exceptional personnel management, organizational skills, high-quality judgment on operational challenges, and a strong commitment towards driving both team and individual productivity and quality. Specific functions include:
- Program management
- Write up work plans for all projects and share the same with team members
- Draft project specific risks in consultation with appropriate leadership
- Generate and oversee implementation of team Rosters for delivery of the work plan
- Conduct quality checks at regular intervals
- Write reports and dashboards that reflect team performance in relations to the set goals and objectives for the team
- Risk mitigation and compliance
- Assess underlying causes of risks related to GiveDirectly’s Operations.
- Lead the transparent, accountable and, where needed, collaborative resolution high-risk events.
- Conduct spot checks on program data to identify risks and prepare incident reports.
- Keep up vigilance, avoid complacency, and remain steadfast in the efforts to maintain strong compliance programs, built on the foundation of GiveDiectly’s culture in which recipients’ interests are placed first
- Maintain an active, visible and consistent commitment to a common standard of behaviour that is required throughout every aspect of the organization as stipulated in the Code of Conduct Statement
- People Management
- Promote effective team culture by encouraging recognition of positive achievements, planning team events periodically, and other team-building initiatives
- Model ethical behaviour that encourages the team to report misconduct within GD staff, partners, community and recipients
- Develop and mentor a team with a high capacity for problem solving, critical thinking, and strong analytical and communication skills
- Administrative roles
- Ensure all allowance requests and spent allowance requests are submitted correctly and promptly
- Ensure timesheets are accurately submitted in a timely fashion
- Liaise with the finance manager on the management of Petty cash and other financial obligations of the team
- This position is for an initial contract period through December 2021.
- FM is ideally based in Lome.
- This is a full time position. At times, the FM may be asked to work early or later hours for field visits and/or stay in the field overnight.
- To apply, please submit all application materials in English.
- Fluency in English and French and at least one other major language of Togo (Ewe, Kabiye, Aja, etc) is required. Preference given for those that speak multiple languages of Togo.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills – will need to work with community leaders and community members, key public and private partners, as well as manage upwards.
- Technical literacy – must use a smartphone to quickly and accurately record recipient details, must be able to use a computer to enter timesheets and expenses
- Fast learner – must learn the complexities of our program, and communicate those to stakeholders
- Strong interest in advancing the values and mission of GiveDirectly.
Recipients first. We prioritize recipient preferences over donor preferences or our own.
Team Next. We do what is best for the success of the organization - not the individual.
Be proactively candid. We say what we believe and are honest in sharing information.
Create positive energy. We strive to be a source of energy - not drain it - for our colleagues.
Think rigorously. Act Quickly. We are intellectually rigorous and oriented towards action - not debate.
Know yourself and grow. We recognize and accept our imperfections with a focus on growth
Accept reality. Propose solutions. We don't dwell on problems. We are actively working to create solutions.
Be productively ambitious. We take the risk of pursuing industry-changing successes, not marginal advancements.
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**