program and procurement assistant
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Jordan Country Office supports the Government of Jordan to implement global norms and standards on gender equality and women’s empowerment; promotes women’s economic empowerment; and implements a resilience and empowerment model for Syrian refugee women and vulnerable Jordanian women. The country office is implementing its Strategic Note for the period 2018-2022 and is prioritizing coherence and interlinkages across its projects and programmes under these three pillars. This requires effective implementation, monitoring and reporting on progress and results and coordination with key stakeholders in government, civil society, and the international community.
Reporting to Programme Analyst, the Programme and Procurement Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Programme and Procurement Associate provides programme, procurement, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative finance, and logistical support to the management and implementation of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, procurement plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the CO and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
Key Performance Indicators
Provide administrative, coordination, and management support to the programme procurement portfolio in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Implement procurement processes in line with policies and strategies.
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner.
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Micro-purchase, non- complex RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, opening and evaluation of tenders, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, in full compliance with UN Women regulations and rules.
- Draft contracts outside Atlas.
- Draft submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases.
- Develop and update of the rosters of suppliers, and support implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
- Maintain filing system.
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UN Women meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
University Degree in Business, Public Administration and Finance or any related field
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, and/or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
Experience in supporting a team.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required